Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We have this little tradition in our family. I take the girls to dance class and Rex takes Gus for a ride in the truck to the Fresh Market. Here's what they found last night.



It may look like the biggest lemon in the world but it's actually a pommelo (aka "ugly fruit"). I don't know where it got its nickname because it's not particularly ugly and it smells rather nice. But half of the inside is rind. The fruit is reminiscent of grapefruit and ours was fairly dried out. That didn't stop Gus. He sat at the table this morning for 15 minutes quietly devouring both his share and the share Sylvia rejected.

Hmmm...now that I look at the picture again I'm not convinced it looks as impressive as the real thing. You could maybe even mistake it for a grapefruit. But believe you me, it was surely impressive last night. I promise.

No comments: