I kept the computer off all day yesterday. No email, nothing. A couple of times I have come across the same article somewhere on the web about kids and "screen-time". The overall theme is that every screen free moment is a gift to your child. I truly believe that and feel that the absence of a tv in our house contributes markedly to our quality of life. The children are technically allowed 30 minutes of computer games and 30 minutes of a movie everyday but it is a rare day anymore that they take advantage of all that time.
But while I'm coming close to finding a good balance for myself and screen time, I'm still not there yet. I am continually drawn to the computer anytime I have a few spare moments. I find myself innocently googling to research something that worries me (ex. researching late talkers) only to find myself searching through a vast list of links and worrying myself sick. Obviously an unhealthy habit! All this to say, I think I need to be more proactive about scheduling my own computer time. Surely every screen free moment for mom is a gift to my children as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment