Wednesday, April 30, 2008



We decided to skip school yesterday for a coffee break. So we went to our favorite local cafe. The owner is Cuban by way of Portland and was raised on espresso from birth. Apparently when he was young, his mother would give him a shot of espresso, port, and cod liver oil before heading off to school. I can't remember what it was called...not Sudden Death but that could be close. The kids were excited about the holiday because they were promised smoothies. Of course I was excited about the coffee but more than a little sad to give up the morning of lessons. I'm really enjoying homeschooling.

We also went to the mall to do some returning. And I am extremely excited because I finally found the perfect, well fitting, decent length jean skirt that I have been looking for at the Land's End section of Sears. Sylvia could not leave without her requisite Merry Go Round ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look so cute eating their smoothies. I just want to hug them!! Can't wait till the beach!