After a 10 month exercise vacation I've really been feeling the need to workout. So over the past week I've set up a little routine. Sometime after lunch we all go outside. I put Millie in her little bouncer seat and she sits happily watching me run up and down the driveway. It takes me about 15 minutes to run back and forth 27 times adding in sprints at certain intervals. Then I roll out my mat and practice yoga for 30 minutes in the carport. It's a good round for never leaving the yard. Hopefully I can fit that in at least 3 times a week.
This past Monday we went for a church tour. This is the church which will house Sylvia's "homeschooling school" as she calls it. I have signed her up for the Classical Conversations Foundation's program. Next fall she will be an Abecedarian (kindergartener). The program meets once a week and includes weekly science and art activities, math, history, grammar, and Latin memorization, as well as fellowship with other homeschoolers following a classical model. We are both very excited about it. The church is in a beautiful historic community established centuries.
Sylvia is doing well with her lessons. I'm trying to keep things short and sweet through her kindergarten year. My natural tendency is to squeeze in "just one more page" which can lead to some nerve racking experiences.
2 comments:
Yeah for you!!! I need motivation- but I'm trying hard. Three times this week I've even run on the treadmill!!!
I didn't know you guys decided on CC! How fun!
Good for you Jessie getting in some exercise. You need the energy with 3 little ones!! We'd love to see Sylvia's school on one of our visits. Love Mom
Post a Comment