We had a lot of wind and rain last week. Unfortunately in the midst of it a large limb from one of our cedar trees (already heavy with sap) snapped off. Rex was happy to get a chance to use his chainsaw again though. I know he misses his solitary times in the woods cutting up downed trees into firewood. He counted the rings and found out that the limb, which was about a quarter of the way up the tree, was 65 years old. I was in the house while all this was happening. Sylvia ran in to tell me to come out and look at the "Beaver House". I was too busy and didn't really take her seriously until a day or two later when I got a close up look and found that Rex had built the kids a little house out of the cedar boughs. It's still standing and the kids are still running around the yard pretending to be beavers.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
We had a lot of wind and rain last week. Unfortunately in the midst of it a large limb from one of our cedar trees (already heavy with sap) snapped off. Rex was happy to get a chance to use his chainsaw again though. I know he misses his solitary times in the woods cutting up downed trees into firewood. He counted the rings and found out that the limb, which was about a quarter of the way up the tree, was 65 years old. I was in the house while all this was happening. Sylvia ran in to tell me to come out and look at the "Beaver House". I was too busy and didn't really take her seriously until a day or two later when I got a close up look and found that Rex had built the kids a little house out of the cedar boughs. It's still standing and the kids are still running around the yard pretending to be beavers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment