Thursday, March 13, 2008

I love it when I find a good routine. Our day goes smoothly and much is accomplished. After 6 months of incorporating Millie into our life, I am close to being as energetic and productive as before she blessed us. However, I don't mind a day here or there when spontaneity rules. I checked my email early this morning and found out that my oldMOPs group (which I previously attended when I was a local) was in need of moms to watch the nursery for this morning's meeting. So instead of the anticipated morning of school and story time, I packed the kids in the car and got there just in time to babysit a room full of 2 and 3 year olds. I even took the 9 of them out to the nearby playground (way out across the parking lot) while toting Millie. I must admit, the trip to and from the playground was a little stressful. But the rest of it wasn't so bad and I got a chance to catch up with some mom friends I haven't seen in awhile.

We got back around lunch time and it was a normal day after that. The weather was beautiful so we spent a couple of hours outside on the lawn. Yesterday, while we were outside, a couple of men were doing some survey work along the edge of our property. I noticed them as soon as I saw Gus start running towards where they were working yelling "Hi!...Hi!". He got there before me and just stood there observing their work. I let him stay there since they were right next to the sandbox and he wasn't doing any harm. When they started walking back towards the road Gus ran after them, again yelling "HI!". I guess he's my shy one.

Rex got a free dinner at the gig he played at tonight so I cleaned out the fridge for the kids and I. Millie got her first taste of hummus. She seemed to like the first bite or two, but that was all she would eat. And yes, that tasty treat on my plate next to the hummus sandwich and cheesy grit bake does happen to be potato chips with shredded cheese and sauerkraut. Sylvia and Gus got more normal fare, cheeseburgers, chips, and apples.



Here's a cute picture of the three of them in the playroom after supper.

No comments: