Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Gas Calculations

Rex made up a list of places we regularly drive to and then calculated the round trip gas expense for both the truck and the minivan. Interestingly enough, from driveway to driveway my parent's house is exactly 100 miles from our house (according to Google Maps). It's a $40 roundtrip in the van. Yikes! I kind of wish I didn't know that. I guess you guys will just have to move closer.

Rex's daily commute runs him $.91. A trip to the grocery store costs me $2.36. A ride up to the family farm costs $9.28 in the van and $12.37 in the truck. I'm guesstimating that a trip to our favorite bakery would be about $2.75. So that turns a $4 loaf of bread (which already makes me cringe) into a $6.75 loaf!

But with 3 children I tend to stay home as much as possible anyway. Looks like these kids are saving me money!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Children are a blessing in many ways! Don't let the gas stop you from coming to our house-the visit is worth way more than $40.00!