Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Day at the Lake

This has got to be one of my favorite swimming holes. It's a small lake at the top of a mountain. There's a clean, sandy beach and calm, clear water. And lots of shade too.



The bath house was built in the early 1900s.


Sylvia actually waded out up to her neck. I think she even got her face wet. Accidently of course.



It was a pleasant way to spend the afternoon.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Was the water cold? We have talked about going up there but I guess I'll wait until Abe is a little bigger. Beautiful pics!

I still check your blog everyday for updates, I really enjoy it! I am working on my own blog, but I am not sure yet if I will stick to it or not. I will keep you posted!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very nice place. I'd like to go up there sometime.

Jessie said...

Allison- The water wasn't too cold. Rex and I took turns watching Millie. I don't think I would go there with just me and the kids. The logistics don't make sense!

Mom- We can all go there sometime. I love that place!

Cortney said...

How fun! Where is it??