
As of late, this seems to be Millie's favored position in her little rocking chair. If she has a toy, she'll throw it on the ground and then try to retrieve it. If she has nothing to throw, she'll bend over and examine the floor.
I've got big news today. Sylvia decided to wear pants, and jeans at that. She has shunned pants since she was two years old. Whenever they were suggested as an outfit possibility, she would quickly reply, "I only wear dresses and skirts." Now even though she wouldn't wear them, she's always had an abundant supply of cute jeans that were handed down from her cousin. She wore a pair out while we ran errands this afternoon and announced on the way home that she likes wearing jeans now.
It's the beginning of "Educator Appreciation Week" at the local Borders bookstore. As a homeschooler I am entitled to the 25% discount offered so that was our first stop today. I've been reading chapter books with Sylvia lately. We do a chapter a day. The books I added to our fledgling children's readers library are Peter Pan, The Little House on the Prairie, Charlotte's Web, and The Secret Garden. Between our daily read alouds (we're currently working through The Little House in the Big Woods), audio books in the car (just finished Peter Pan today), and reading a chapter at night from Catherine Vos' Children's Bible, I am getting my fill of children's literature. And it is thoroughly entertaining. There is so much to these books that I passed over as a child.
On a completely different note, I took Rex out on Monday night to a local steakhouse to celebrate the end of his three year contract with Walgreens. It was a surprise and my mom drove up to watch the kids. The dinner was excellent, we enjoyed our first babyless date since August, and we left completely stuffed. Rex has no plans to leave Walgreens immediately but we are beginning to consider other options.
No comments:
Post a Comment