Sunday, January 6, 2008

No, she's not reading yet. Although she loves to sit with books and retell the story in her own words, which I think is just as good. She is beginning to show some interest in reading on her own. She asks how to spell words and the other day pointed out the "rex" on my Pyrex measuring cup. That might be the first time she's ever read a word by her own volition.

And no, I usually don't let my kids eat on the couch and I usually make Gus take his shoes off indoors, but today's Sunday and we all need a break. Actually, after I pull myself away from the computer I'll probably rectify the situation.

I've found a few good booklists that I reference while choosing books to put on hold at the library. They're mostly geared for preK-2nd grade I think. Here's the links:

Charlotte Mason's List


History

Science


Five in a Row


Math

If anyone has some of there own favorite book lists not mentioned here, please pass on the info...I'm a book list junkie!

Between the books I put on hold and the books we select at our weekly visits, my tote bag is being stretched to the limits. I may have to start bringing a laundry basket! Or I could load them all in my stroller.

No comments: