Saturday, September 6, 2008

First Day of Homeschooling School

Sylvia had her first day of Classical Conversations. She loved it, said it was even better than she expected, and can't wait to go back. She exceeded my expectations when giving her weekly presentation to her class. She showed and told everyone about the scarf she finger-knitted, answered questions about how she did it, and even started talking about unrelated, upcoming events. I guess I expected her to bow her head and refuse to talk when her turn came around. Shows how much I know!



Here's her fancy new book bag.



They learned a song for skip counting by 2's, another song about Christopher Columbus, some Latin, grammar, a verse from the Bible, and more. I got to sit in for about half the class but by then I had to leave the room and take Gus and Millie to the nursery.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Classical Conversations sounds cool! I saw a flyer about it at the library but I had never heard of it before.

Cortney said...

How fun!!