Tuesday, January 8, 2008

We're in the middle of a warm spell. So yesterday we went for a couple of hikes. Well, first we went for a delicious but surely deleterious lunch at our favorite bbq joint which we've nicknamed the Red Barn. It's the kind of place you shouldn't go to if you have any activity other than sitting around or napping planned for the rest of the day. But we couldn't resist and I know I ate way too much fried food.
Although temps were in the high 60's we came across a patch of ice in the shade. The kids loved it. Sylvia wanted to break it and can be seen trying to do just that. Sylvia was a good hiker. I'd like to try her on some more strenuous trails soon. Gus walked a little bit but wanted to be held most of the time.
Eventually we made our way to the property and checked things out around there. We ran into Rex's Aunt in the woods and caught up with her for awhile. She taught Sylvia how to make a play clothesline with a stick and some dried up leaves.
Unfortunately, after such a nice day, I was in a royally bad mood by the time we got home. It felt hormonal which is a little distressing. I was expecting nursing to keep the hormones at bay for another year or so! At one point I told Sylvia I wasn't fixing any dinner because I didn't feel like eating. Luckily we were all able to laugh about it 5 minutes later and, of course, I did make dinner. Looks like someone around here needs a dose of patience and maturity.

No comments: