Do you see those tomatoes? They're homegrown...and it's December. No, we don't have a greenhouse. But between the late sprouting, mild fall, and the whole plant taking up residence on our kitchen table when it got too cold, we still have one tomato plant working for us. Maybe I'll make caprese for Christmas.
You may wonder what's on the dish. It's not mushrooms covered in yellow tempura paint but sardines with a honey mustard sauce. I'm trying to include more fish in our diet and sardines are cheap, high in DHA, and low in toxins. It's taken me awhile to get used to them and I'm not there yet, the spine still gets to me. Sylvia thought it'd be a good idea to first try them with chocolate. So Rex fixed her a cracker with Nutella and sardine...it did not go over well, at least not for Sylvia, Gus seemed to like it. Either way, by the end of the meal they had both eaten some sardines and I think they'll like them even better next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment