Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hints on Child Training


Since I hadn't read a book pertaining to discipline in awhile and perhaps because of a harried day or two, I went in search of something to give me some new ideas. I think it was an Amazon search that led me to this book, Hints On Child Training by H. Clay Trumbull.

The book was originally published in 1890 and written by one of America's most prominent Christian authors and spokesmen. He shares his experience of teaching and raising eight children.

I got it in the mail and forgot about it for a week or so, but once I started reading it, I could have devoured it in one sitting. However, to let the information really sink in, I limited myself to a chapter a day. And now that I'm done, I will keep it by my bed side and read it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such an excellent mom!

Kim said...

Does mom comment on every blog posting :)? (JK Mom!)