A couple of the wave petunias that I planted last year survived the winter.
And these popped up unexpectedly by the steps leading up to our patio.
I planted these mums at the end of last summer. I guess I planted them too early. I must have been really excited about fall. They failed to thrive last year. I thought the drought did them in. I almost uprooted them several times. Now finally they've bloomed. The timing's still screwed up and it's too early I fear. They were looking pretty weather worn today.
The Bad
Several of our tomato plants are not producing fruit. And of course it's our favorite heirloom variety. Rex thinks they were hit by an early blight.
The Ugly
I planted these zinnias from seed. They actually grew very nicely. I even got a bouquet out of them. But this is all that's left of my flower patch. Something else liked them too.
2 comments:
Keep trying-gardening is frustrating. Your mums may come back again in the fall.
I need some flower gardening lessons. I love flowers but I have such a black thumb.
Post a Comment