Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ebay The Global Way


I just finished reading this book. Seems random, I know. You see, I was in the library when I spotted another book by the same author. This one was called EBay The Smart Way. I picked it up for Rex. I have this somewhat unwholesome aspiration that he will suddenly develop an interest in business, get really good at it and then I can live vicariously through him. Romantic, isn't it?

So Rex never gave it a second look. I browsed through it, liked the author's style, saw the global book in a list on the back cover, and put it on hold at the library in hopes that it would satisfy my curiosity about how people go about finding factories overseas. It did and I read the whole book cover to cover. Will wonders never cease?

By now I'm sure you're bored stiff. But I know my dad would be excited. He's the one that encouraged me to be a business major in college. And I was. Luckily I managed to keep a decent GPA. Unluckily I never developed a strong interest in my major until years later.

Or is it really luckily? Because I thank God everyday for the way my life took this homemaking turn.

What I do know is that now I have a better grasp of the ins-and-outs of the import/export industry. Of course if it's true what they say about peak oil it all might come to a screeching halt anyway. Now there's something that would get Rex's attention.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

What a sweet picture of your children. Darling.

Laurie