There it is, the pile of diaper laundry that greets me four times a week (and this is a very small load). Bummer, another chore, right? Maybe I should be ashamed to admit this but I actually enjoy the diaper laundry, washing, drying, folding, and putting away. When we lived up in the country and my laundry lines (inside and out) were such that I could hang and watch the kids, I readily did so. Unfortunately the lines in our city house are too far from where the children are and Rex does not like the idea of putting screws into our plaster walls to support a line in the family room.
I suppose it's a zen thing. And it's a chore for which I get to sit down! I love sitting there and zoning out, vaguely acknowledging the usefulness of these rags. And, of course, I pat myself on the back for my environmental stewardship. Usually the kids are in the room with me while I fold. It's Sylvia's chore to fold the wipes. Lately we've had music on. We've been listening to an introductory series for the Classics from the library and we are enjoying The Story of Mozart this week. Out of the three cds we've listened to so far Sylvia's favorite is Tchaikovsky because she recognizes all the ballets.
No comments:
Post a Comment