I decided to drop Catechism and Classical Arithmetic from Sylvia’s school schedule. I think it will be better, and less stressful to concentrate on CLAA’s Latin. The other things she is doing are Singapore Math 2, Christian Light Education Language Arts Light Unit, fiddle practice, Classical Conversations (which is memory work for several subjects) and Veritas Press Self-Paced Online History course (Old Testament/ Ancient Egypt). I read Arthur Maxwell’s The Bible Story to all the kids after breakfast. Right now for science I am relying on Classical Conversations memory work and Beakman’s World. We also have all of the Let’s Read and Find Out science series and Sylvia’s read them all. I love Singapore Math and after we started the CLAA’s Classical Grammar course (which is Latin) she considers math to be one of her easy subjects! Her language arts program is great because it is spelling, handwriting, and English grammar all in one workbook. Sylvia’s been taking karate for a little over a year now. Just like Classical Conversations, it has become a part of our family life. That’s it for now. We’ll continue through the summer, taking off as needed.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
March 24, 2011
I decided to drop Catechism and Classical Arithmetic from Sylvia’s school schedule. I think it will be better, and less stressful to concentrate on CLAA’s Latin. The other things she is doing are Singapore Math 2, Christian Light Education Language Arts Light Unit, fiddle practice, Classical Conversations (which is memory work for several subjects) and Veritas Press Self-Paced Online History course (Old Testament/ Ancient Egypt). I read Arthur Maxwell’s The Bible Story to all the kids after breakfast. Right now for science I am relying on Classical Conversations memory work and Beakman’s World. We also have all of the Let’s Read and Find Out science series and Sylvia’s read them all. I love Singapore Math and after we started the CLAA’s Classical Grammar course (which is Latin) she considers math to be one of her easy subjects! Her language arts program is great because it is spelling, handwriting, and English grammar all in one workbook. Sylvia’s been taking karate for a little over a year now. Just like Classical Conversations, it has become a part of our family life. That’s it for now. We’ll continue through the summer, taking off as needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to see you're back. I like being able to keep up with you guys. You are so smart!
Aunt Kelly
Post a Comment