About a year or so ago, Rex bought a bunch of green coffee and started roasting it at home. In fact, I blogged about it and it's probably not too far back in the archives considering how little posting I've been doing. But back to the coffee.. It was incredibly good! Roasting the beans was fun in a "down home" sort of way and it was interesting to observe the differing tastes of regional beans. Rex really enjoyed his new hobby and continued to buy new and intriguing varieties of green beans. I loved having a new excuse to drink coffee every day! Unfortunately, it wasn't long before reality caught up with me. My body will not put up with daily coffee intake. And, as it turns out, neither will Rex's. As a consequence, a year later, we still have a big supply of beans.
So, if you would like to have a cup of freshly roasted coffee, come on over! Although we don't drink it regularly, Rex and I still enjoy an occasional cup. Give me a call and we'll schedule a visit. If you have kids, it would make a great excuse for a play date!
And if you're interested in trying your hand at home roasting, Sweet Maria's is a great place to both learn about it and buy beans.
2 comments:
I have Kahlua!!!!
I would love to come over for coffee sometime! It's nice to see you back in blogland. Harmon is absolutely gorgeous (but I'm sure you already knew that)!
Post a Comment