Sunday, September 28, 2008

California

We got to Kim's place in the afternoon and walked to the beach. The beach was crowded but there weren't many people in the water (except the surfers), the Pacific Ocean is colder than the Atlantic.



The next day we toured the beach towns south of Newport Beach. We stopped for lunch in San Clemente where Rex had his first of 4 or 5 bowls of clam chowder. He decided to try a bowl whenever he could to see where it was the best. A restaurant in Monterey was the winner.



This picture was taken on the way inland to a vineyard.



Rex planned a trip up Highway 1, the Pacific Coast Highway. Our first stop was the Hearst Castle.



Here's the Neptune pool, my favorite part of the estate.



Here's the main residence.



Rex was trying to remember where he had taken the pictures for his album cover several years ago on his first trip out here. The sky was cloudier than ideal but the scenery was still breathtaking.



We took a side road in Big Sur and found this hidden cove right before it got dark.



We took a couple of days to roam around the Sequoia National Forest. It was gorgeous and one of my favorite parts of the trip.



We hit LA during rush hour traffic on our way back to Kim's. Here's how Millie entertained herself.




I took this picture of Millie at one of the coffee shops we tried in Newport Beach.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the west coast pictures. Especially the one of Millie in Rex's shirt! Auntie Kim looks great!

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures! Makes me want to be there!
I love the one of Millie with her toe in her mouth-is she doing yoga!

Kim said...

I know I keep saying it, but I'm so glad you guys came out!! It was so good to see you three!