Saturday, August 2, 2008

Another Thing to Do

I love coffee. But when I drink it regularly, my energy is zapped by mid afternoon. So after a month or two of daily cups I gave it up cold turkey.

But then this came in the mail.



It's a box full of green coffee beans. Rex finally decided to try roasting them himself.



Apparently our old popcorn maker can double as a coffee roaster.

Here's the beans before they were chaffed.



Of course I had to try some. This particular bean is grown by a secluded Indian tribe. The beans are washed in a river, transported to the distributer by canoe and then public bus and supposed to have a finish reminiscent of watermelon Jolly Ranchers.

I didn't taste the Jolly Ranchers, but Rex said he got a definite hard candy taste after the coffee cooled for a while.

No comments: